Saturday 22 June 2013

My first Production!

Hello everyone there! I gathered all my implicit and explicit strength to share my experience in Fashion and Apparel Production industry. Currently I am doing my internship in BL International, Noida sector 59. It has 10 Production line and mostly short production order. The interesting thing about these production unit are that no matter how shorter or larger the order is you can't afford to have impromptu working paradigm. You have to be belligerent and spontaneous, as you have to be ready for the uncalled adversary. 

It was mixed week for me. All operator working with enthusiasm, some with utmost regret. Some happy and content and some sad face. I exchanged some conversation with them along with my friend and colleague Akash Yadav( My nemesis indeed!! ha..ha.. Alas! he shall kill me if I say that again).

Then I talked to supervisor and he said that with less order quantity, they don't have to worry about time to accomplish target. They work with seldom and steady pace. 

As far as Project management is concerned, we have triple constraint theory.
1) Outputs/Ramifications
2) Costing
3) Scheduling/Time
Once you are crystal clear about this then you can combat any situation.  

The normal efficiency for Line 8 was 40-45%, which is not acceptable at all. That what we BF.Tech student study, for us 85% is border line. But it opened my eyes it's not exactly happen what we study. It's totally different out there. As I said the order quantity is less so they don't have to worry much. 

BL International have to get some large order in order to stay in the manufacturing business. They get large order in the month of November mostly. They mostly make Ladies garment and Kids wear.
BL has shut down their off-training institute for operators. Maybe they can't afford that much. They have on exclusive line for contract basis. They work in accordance with piece rate policy. Here contractor hire the operator for specified time and style to accomplish the target.

Operator and management relation is not so amicable. This can only be improved when all level of manager meets and does work in holistic manner. 
And last thought "Comprehend humanity don't humiliate human being". 

No comments:

Post a Comment