Thursday 29 August 2013

Letter to Heyde!

Greetings Friend,

Few weeks back I had great opportunity to chat with Mr Victor Heyde. If you would be wondering, what am I talking about then let me tell you he is the son of Mr. G.C.C Heyde, a great thinker the world has ever seen. He revolutionized the Industrial Engineering. He invented the simple PMTS tool called "MODAPTS."
First let me tell you that how we came to know each other, although I didn't had privilege of any tete-a-tete with him but had couple of good exchange of mails. One day I was randomly googling about the application of Modapts. I sent couple of query about its usage in Apparel Industry. I got reply within few days from Mr. Heyde. He suggested me about some books on Modapts which I can get from gleebooks.com. He worked more as administrator than practitioner. Till now everything seem normal to me until the surname Heyde struck my head. I just asked him that if by any chance you are kin of Mr. G.C.C Heyde. Here are some of the excerpts from the E-mail and this was his reply.......

Hello Rajesh,

Yes, I am the son of GC (Chris) Heyde. He has passed away and I like to support his work."

Best regards,
Victor von der Heyde


GCC Heyde(Father)







Victor von Heyde(Son)



It was merely coincidence that I happened to chat with junior Heyde. Later I just did stalking on Facebook page of Mr. Heyde, which is immoral things to do for some people, but I did it and guilty, but hell yeah It was worthy and I was flabbergasted to see his page. He has some connection with Bihar. He has been involved in Buddhist practice since the mid 1970s and has spent over a year in silent retreats. He studied with a wide range of teachers overseas (India, Nepal, US, UK) and in Australia and these included Insight Meditation, Zen, and non-aligned teachers. He has taken dharma teaching roles since the early 1990s and has been leading yatras since they started in Australia in 2006. He has a particular interest in helping people understand the different types of meditation so that they're in a position to choose what works for them. He's also interested how we respond to climate change and ways that Buddhist practice may influence this response. Victor worked for many years as a counselor and is chair of the Bodhgaya Development Association, a volunteer aid organisation that supports literacy and self-sufficiency programs in India.

So after couple of days I replied him :

Hi Sir,
It is really nice chatting with you. It's so good that you are supporting the work of the great GC Chris Heyde. We will always remember his contribution to this Industrial Engineering work, especially Modapts.
I am learning and applying Modapts, and found this fascinating. Most importantly it has only 21 basic elements which makes it less cumbersome and simple.

Currently, I am doing Industrial Internship through my college in Delhi. I am pursuing BF.Tech(or Apparel Production) course from National Institute of Fashion Technology. In future I would like to carry on Heyde's work in Apparel Industry, and I am sure I will do well with his blessing.

I also found your profile in Facebook. I was really surprised you came to Bodh Gaya. Basically, I am also from Patna, Bihar.

Best Regards
Rajesh Kumar


This was his reply:

Hello Rajesh,

Good to hear that you find MODAPTS useful. It's used a lot in the USA but so far not much in India.
And interesting that you come from Bihar. Here in Australia we have to remind people that many parts of India are still very poor. What comes on the news here is often India's Premier League and stories about the richer side of India.
Good luck with your study.

Best wishes,
Victor


It was really awesome time exchanging some emails with Victor. The book he suggested is not published or sold in India. So I went to gleebooks website(http://www.gleebooks.com.au/) as suggested by him. Unfortunately it was out of stock, but more unfortunately it was costly around 66$, which around INR 4000. This is quite inflexible though with day-today rise in value INR against dollar. So finally I decided not to think further, rather learn by myself. Well I don't like to brag myself but I'm kind of auto-dictact. So after all my toil, tears and sweat I finally managed to learn Modapts and Modsew all by myself.


Trouble with MODSEW

Initially, I had big problem with Modsew formula. I couldn't figure out the simple way of applying on the sewing floor. I knew about GSD sewing formula which is bit complex. I combined Modapts to GSD sewing formula. I pre-assumed that this gonna work but blame my insatiable curiosity and I went into deep. I contacted many Modapts experts. I didn't got any reply whatsoever. Then on 1st of August, Greg Corbitt replied my mails about Modsew formula. It's impossible to extract the information on Modsew formula from google, till date. Try it!!
So I compared the GSD sewing formula and Modsew. The result was almost same. But when you have easier calculation of Modsew then why to go for GSD. And, finally I was able to figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment